Thursday, January 12, 2012

try again.

i take your defeat as my victory
grasping for any shred of humility
to teach me
as you walked away
my heart sank
but i sing today
wanting to allow this to ground me
somehow
wanting this to help me break the
cycle
dismiss everything i am
dismiss everything we had
over trivialities
now hanging you
by your own throat
ropes laced with
your apathetic vacancy
your morose disposition
your insatiability
your lack of color
i fought for you
i lifted you out of addiction
i tried to show you your inner light
but i still lost
i wanted to know every part of you
i know i see the real you
i see through you cowardliness
your habitual desire to run away
when you're not comfortable
you cant stand to feel
and i cant deal
you left me at the worst time
yet somehow i find the strength to shine
i cant feel sorry for myself
i only feel sorry for you
what you take from me
will haunt you
my grace, my compassion, my tolerance
will all create a void in you
that no one else can fill
only it will be far too late when you realize
or appreciate any of it
i hope you can grow up one day little boy and reap what you sow

No comments: